Kit McKlaw and Señor Hsss sneak in through the laundry chute!
1. Kit McKlaw and Señor Hsss are searching for a way to reach the Snake Shaman. They know he’s somewhere inside the Golden Derivative Guaranteed Safe Gambling Casino, and they must talk to him! That obnoxious doorman Mr Duckbutter has barred them from entry, so they will find their way by sneaking ’round the back. Deep within the bowels of the casino’s hotel laundry complex, Kit and Señor Hsss secret themselves inside an industrial-sized load of foul-smelling, badly-soiled linens.
2. Kit locates the laundry chute. He struggles up the chute several floors and strains to squeeze himself through the opening. He’s not sure what floor he’s on.
3. Señor Hsss slithers up the cramped passage, following close behind his feline companion. Kit observes some activity at the far end of the hall: “That must be where he is!” he points it out to Señor Hsss.
4. McKlaw and Hsss survey the far end of the hall. Guarding a dark, heavy oaken door stand two bored-looking gangster-snakes. The door is emblazoned with a small rectangle of brass, engraved with the word PRIVATE.”The Shaman must be in there”, Kit whispers to Señor Hsss, “but how are we going to get past those two?”
5. “KRACKKK!” “RUMBLE!” “CRASH!” Suddenly, bits of plaster, dust and splinters fly. From behind, an explosion of noise puts an end to Kit’s and Hsss’nervous whispering.
6. Stunned with disbelief, Kit and Hsss behold Señor Hoss, Debbil attached, staggering from out a gaping cavity in the wall where the laundry chute used to be. McKlaw moans out his disbelief: “OH, NO! How did…” “We followed you!”, explains Señor Hoss proudly.
7. Having heard the commotion, the two gangster-snakes calmly face down our friends. “Well, well, what have we here?” cracks the diamondback from under his powder-blue Stetson. “You gay cats wouldn’t be trying to sneak up on us, would you?” The other gangster, a silent green cobra in a cadet-grey spy-vs-spy hat, flicks his tongue about menacingly as he looks on through heavily-lidded eyes.
8. Suddenly, a flash of brilliant emerald illumination overwhelms the group, drowning walls, carpet and ceiling with supernatural green light. All eyes fix upon the crimson Debbil. With a Mephistophilean twinkle in his eyes, out of the very ethers he has produced a matched pair of shining golden horns! Will the Debbil play us a tune?